Shilajit is an ancient herb that has unusual and impressive nutritional profile which lists it on the top of the list of superfoods. Somewhere in that list, you will also find fresh coconut which is packed with plenty of vitamins and nutrients.
Both Shilajit and coconut water have healing properties because they exhibit antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties offering many health benefits. We’ve known Shilajit from ancient times to boost immunity, energy, and help with anemia, injury recovery, Alzheimer’s etc. At the same time, the studies show that a fresh coconut has shown antibacterial, antiviral, antioxidant properties that may help in plenty of minor and major health issues.
When these two superfoods are combined, one can beat several health problems and lead a very healthy lifestyle.
Before we discuss how to use fresh coconut and Shilajit together, let’s take a look at their health benefits:
Health Benefits of Shilajit
- Trace minerals and fulvic acid present in Shilajit helps in better vitamin absorption and healthy living.
- Fulvic acid present in Shilajit is a strong anti-oxidant. It can contribute to cognitive health and helps with serious brain sicknesses like Alzheimer’s by slowing down its symptoms.
- A clinical study proved that the Shilajit is very effective for boosting testosterone levels in men. It can also balance your hormonal levels.
- Shilajit can slow down the signs of aging since it shows many antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties.
- According to a study, Shilajit helps in iron-deficient anemia and boost the count of blood cells effectively.
- Shilajit may help in treating infertility problems.
- As a dietary supplement, Shilajit can also improve cardiac health.
You can read about these health benefits in detail here.
Health Benefits of Fresh Coconut
- The minerals present in fresh coconut play a vital role in many body functions. It is good for bone health and boost metabolism effectively.
- Fresh coconut is rich in copper and iron which forms red blood cells as well as selenium responsible for the protection of red blood cells.
- Studies have found that people who eat fresh coconut regularly have lower risk of heart diseases than those who do not. Also, coconut oil has higher levels of HDL and lower levels of LDL.
- Fresh coconut is high in fibre and has lower carbs and therefore it can help in stabilizing the sugar levels.
- Fresh coconut is rich in strong anti-oxidants and thus it is very good for your immune system and skin.
- Coconut water is very hydrating. It hydrates and detoxifies your body and helps you get rid of free radicals.
- Consuming virgin coconut oil can help in reducing belly fat.
How to Combine Shilajit and Fresh Coconut Together for Better Effects?
Shilajit and coconut can be combined together in number of ways to form healthy recipes leading to a healthy lifestyle. Let’s discuss them one by one.
1. Coconut Shilajit Latte
This is a delicious Coconut-Shilajit recipe that can be consumed on daily basis.
- 1 cup coconut milk
- Natural Shilajit (500 mg)
- Coconut Oil – 1 Tablespoon
- Cardamom – 1 Teaspoon
- Cinnamon – 1 Teaspoon
Take a pan and boil coconut milk on medium flame. Lower the flame and add rest of the ingredients in boiling coconut milk. Stir the mixture well and keep it on the low flame for 10 minutes. Let it cool a little bit and blend the mixture in the blender. Serve in your favourite mug and feel energized the whole day. You can also add turmeric for better effects.
2. Coconut Water/Milk & Shilajit
Shilajit is often consumed with a glass of milk or water. You can replace the conventional water or milk with the coconut water/milk. Simply consume around 300-500 mg (pea-size) Shilajit with coconut water/milk and revitalize your body every day.
3. Coconut + Mango + Shilajit Detox Drink
Mango, coconut, and Shilajit make an amazing detox drink that you can take on daily basis to detoxify your body and stay energized throughout the day.
Ingredients (1 Serving)
- Mango (1 – Normal Size)
- Coconut Water (1 Cup)
- Natural Himalayan Shilajit (500 mg)
Blend the ingredients together and serve when ready.